HRB Choreography Project with BCH Student Recital 2023
Ballet Center of Houston will hold its annual recital in conjunction with Houston Repertoire Ballet’s Choreography Project on Saturday, May 20, 2023, at Tomball High School Theatre. Performance times are 11:30am, 2:30pm, or 5:30pm depending on your dancer’s class. (Classes perform in only one performance except for Levels 7-10)
Recital Date: Saturday, May 20, 2023
Place: Tomball High School Auditorium (30330 Quinn Rd, Tomball, TX 77375)
Performance Times: 11:30am, 2:30pm, or 5:30pm
Recital Fee: $80 first dancer, $20 second dancer, $10 third or more dancer(s) payable by Feb 20, 2023 (a video download of the event is included in this fee)
No Costume Fee: This year is a “Conservatory Dress” recital year. Students wear their class uniform plus skirts that we provide.
Performance Length is approximately ONE HOUR and TEN MINUTES (all dancers are checked out at the END of the performance – no early pickup)
Tickets are not sold for this event. Participating families can invite others to attend. Seating is open-seating on a first-come first-serve basis.
Dress Rehearsal is the same day just prior to the performance. You will check in your dancer ONCE. You will drop off your child at the security desk with the backstage parents and return at your performance time. Recital schedule will be posted in advance.
Specific Class Call times and Performance Times
NOTE: “Call Time” is the time your child must check in at the security desk with their uniform on, hair and stage makeup done in accordance with the videos/instructions in the Parent Recital Contract below! “Performance Time” is the time your dancer’s performance begins. Parents and guests should arrive at the theatre to be seated 30 MINUTES prior to the performance time!!
Call Time/Arrival Times for Saturday, May 20, 2023 arranged by Call Time
Call Time 8am: Levels 6, 9, and 10
Call Time 9:30: Level K Tuesday, Level 1 Wednesday, Level 2 Tuesday, Older Beginner. Level 4 Monday
Call Time 10am: Pre-ballet Monday, Pre-ballet Wednesday, Cypress Montessori 9am and 10am, Montessori at Copperfield, Silverline Montessori
Performance Time 11:30 for all of the above students (Doors open at 11am)
Call Time 12: Levels 7 & 8
Call Time 12:15: Level 1 Thursday, Level 3 Monday, Level 4 Wednesday, Jazz 3 & 4
Call Time 1:00: Pre-ballet Tuesday, My Quest Montessori, The Woods at Cedar Point, Montessori at Cypress Creek, Level K Thursday, Level 2 Wednesday
Performance Time 2:30 for all of the above students plus L7-10 (Doors open at 2pm)
Call Time 3:15: Level 1 Saturday, Level 2 Saturday, Level K Saturday, Level 3 Thursday, Level 5
Call Time 4:00: Pre-ballet (3-4) Saturday (Ms Kattie), Pre-ballet (4-5) Saturday (Ms Kaitlyn), Seedlings Montessori 9:15am and 10:15am, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton CS, The Woods School
Performance Time 5:30 for all of the above students plus L7-10 (Doors open at 5pm)
Parent Recital Contract 2023
By your payment of the recital fee you are affirming that you have read and agree to the following.
- I affirm that the spelling of my child’s name in my parent portal is correct and understand that this is how it will appear in the recital program.
- I understand that my dancer’s recital is on May 20, 2023 at Tomball High School Theatre. I agree to be on time at the theatre for the dress rehearsal prior to the performance.
- I understand that my dancer will need to be dressed in their class leotard, SoDanca pink tights (according to the dress code), pink ballet shoes (or for boys, assigned costume top, black tights or borrowed jazz pants, and black ballet shoes) for both the rehearsal and performance. Jazz students must have black jazz pants, black socks, and black jazz shoes. Modern students Level 6: black leggings as specified by the teacher. Note: Off-campus locations that dance in street clothes will need to purchase dress code tights and bring their ballet shoes (we will have leotards for them to borrow).
- I agree to watch the videos regarding hair and makeup below and to have my dancer’s hair and makeup done as described for BOTH the rehearsal and the performance.
- I will have a cover-up on my child when they report to the theatre. Note that the backstage area can be very cold at times!
- I understand that two parents are needed backstage for each ballet class. If I am not one of the Backstage Parents, I am not allowed beyond the Security Desk.
- I understand that I will check in my child downstairs in the lobby with the BCH security team and will send only 1 parent to pick up the child upstairs on the landing after the conclusion of the performance.
- I understand that my dancer(s) will be backstage during the entire performance and cannot be released in advance.
- I agree to be a courteous audience member by remaining in my seat the entire performance, NOT taking pictures or videoing, putting my phone away, and NOT bringing food or drink into the theatre.
- I understand that if I wish my child to watch one of the other performances, they will change into appropriate street clothes to enter the auditorium.
- I agree to add email@example.com to my contact list to help ensure that I am receiving all of the communication from Ballet Center of Houston.